Whether you’re a prospective student, a company looking for a developer or a community member just interested in cool things happening in Detroit, you won’t want to miss this!
Here are 7 reasons why this is an event you wouldn’t want to miss!
Students team up in small groups to create a web application that they dream up from scratch. We’ve had students create a disc-golf app for Detroit parks, a biking app for those who love to ride around the city, and a beer and food pairing app for all of you craft beer drinkers!
1.Students will showcase beautiful, UX/UI-friendly, fully functional web applications that they created, from scratch, in two weeks
2. If you’re a prospective student, you’ll want to hear about the bootcamp experience
It’s hard to know what you’re getting into when you sign up for a full-time, 10- week bootcamp. Ask the grads! They’ll talk about what actually happens in class, where they eat lunch, where to park, and how the projects are built.
3. If you’re in need of a developer – this is the place to be
Why search outside of Michigan for a developer? Hire local! These students are trained in the heart of downtown Detroit and are ready to join your team!
We teach skills that are in high demand in the local job market. Not only do we provide students with the tech skills they need, we also teach soft skills to help their careers long term. Our students are ready to work. They have the passion, excitement, and hustle to continue to learn and contribute to a team. They’ve proven themselves over 10 weeks of hard work, projects, labs, and a day-long Coderetreat working with TDD and paired-programming.
Both front-end and back-end students will be presenting projects that range from a web application for non-profits looking for developers to a radio radar app for road trippers.
4. Network with top tech companies and tech enthusiasts
Tech companies have to look for talent somewhere, what better than Grand Circus demo day? This gives you, as tech business owners and tech enthusiasts, the opportunity to meet and greet with other like-minded people.
Some great partnerships, friendships, and opportunities have come out of demo day. Join us to find out!
5. Check out what Grand Circus has to offer, including future bootcamps, workshops and events
6. Learn how you can become a hiring partner and what the benefits are
- Access to students before they graduate
- Meet students via an in person Q&A or office hour
- Receive resumes & GitHub accounts before they’re graduated
- Sponsor a demo day
7. Free snacks & drinks – it’s important!
We are so excited and honored to share these student projects with the community. Student success is our success and we can’t wait to see what they are all capable of!