Are you looking to get into a career in technology?
Since opening our doors in 2013, Grand Circus has trained over 1,500+ people from all types of backgrounds as they push forward to a career in technology.
After graduating, we maintain one of the best placement rates in the country as 89.1% get jobs in technology at one of 300+ companies in our employer network.
We also recognize that there is so much that goes into this life-changing decision. So we put together this resource guide to help you no matter if you have never written a line of code or are about to join us for our next coding bootcamp.
In this post, we have organized resources that were created over the years to help you along your journey to becoming a developer.
6 Topics You will Find in This Post:
- Is a Career in Technology a Good Fit For Me?
- What Kinds of Jobs Could I Get After Graduating?
- Who Has Graduated from a Coding Bootcamp at Grand Circus?
- What Steps Should I Take to Get Into a Coding Bootcamp?
- What Financing Options Are Available?
- More About Grand Circus
If you don’t find what you are looking for please email “firstname.lastname@example.org” and let us know. We will add new posts to help better answer the questions you have about taking control of your life by changing to a career in technology!
“Is a Career in Technology a Good Fit For Me?”
Have you ever heard of Imposter Syndrome?
Imposter syndrome – a collection of feelings of inadequacy that persist despite evident success. ‘Imposters‘ suffer from chronic self-doubt and a sense of intellectual fraudulence that override any feelings of success or external proof of their competence.
If that somewhat describes how you are feeling as you think about a career into technology, you are not alone! Getting out of your comfort zone is what growing is all about. When you are at Grand Circus, You’re Family and you can trust the experience we have earned from help 1,500+ developers who, at some point, were in your shoes.
In this section, we have gathered and organized resources to help you understand what it takes to go through a coding bootcamp and then build the confidence needed to become a developer.
- How to Earn a Career in Tech
- (Fox 2 video) Tech Talk: Grand Circus
- After the Bootcamp: A Day in the Life of a Bootcamp Alum
- Find the Right Coding Bootcamp For You
- How to be Successful in a Coding Bootcamp
- 5 Reasons Prospective Bootcamp Students Should Attend Demo Day
- Start Your Tech Career With Grand Circus
- Alumni Wisdom Series: Tips for Survivng and Thriving in a Coding Bootcamp
“What Kinds of Jobs Could I Get After Graduating?”
This is exactly what Grand Circus is all about – helping people from all walks of life find a career in technology by learning how to become a software developer in one of our coding bootcamps.
Each year we publish our data in something called an Outcomes Report. Stats are shared from average starting salary, length it took our graduates to land a job in technology, diversity numbers in our classroom and more.
We believe in transparency as we work to help the tech community reflect the community they are in.
In this section you will find our most recent outcomes report, frequently asked questions (FAQs) for what kinds of jobs are out there for graduates, employer highlight pieces and tips that we teach you to help you land a job.
- Who hires Grand Circus graduates? Here are a few stories from employers that have hired our grads:
- The Job Hunt: advice for landing a job in technology
Based on our 2017 (Graduate) Outcomes Report:
“Who Has Graduated from a Coding Bootcamp at Grand Circus”
We believe that Anyone Can Be a Developer if that make the choice to work hard, embrace a growth mindset and persistently pursue learning.
Check out stories from Alumni who are now working in tech.
Learn about some of our alumni’s paths to becoming a software developer:
- (Back End) Java
- From Recruiter to Back-End Developer, Meet Milliza
- Meet Melanie, Java Coding Bootcamp Graduate
- Meet Colton, A Java Coding Bootcamp Graduate
- From Teacher to Java Developer, Meet Chelsea Gallagher
- From Acquisition Manager to Java Developer, Meet Michael
- Java Alumni Spotlight: Quinn Hamilton
- (Video) Meet Bryan Dulaney, a Java Bootcamp Grad
- (Back End) C# .NET
“What Are the Steps I Should Take to Get Into a Coding Bootcamp?”
Everyone’s journey is different as they think about earning a career in technology. We work hard to provide low-barrier resources to help you identify if this is the right move for you.
In this section, we have created a simple roadmap with resources no matter where you are at in that journey.
More about the coding languages that we teach:
“What Financing Options Are Available?”
- (Video) Hear Our Recruitment and Selections Manager, Ian Washington talk about financing options for our coding bootcamps
- Visit our finance and scholarships page to learn more
- Are you a Detroit Resident?
More About Grand Circus
Started in 2013, Grand Circus has graduated 1,100+ people. There are 250+ employers that hire coding bootcamp graduates from our two campuses: Detroit and Grand Rapids.
Grand Circus also partners with leading technology companies like Google and Facebook to help build a thriving tech ecosystem.
Additional blog posts for self-paced learners:
- Tips for Beginning Developers
- Part 1: Using the Command Line for Beginners
- Part 2: Using the Command Line for Beginners
- Resolving GIT Conflicts from the Command Line
- My Top 5 Tools for Building Websites
- You’re Never Too Obtuse to Learn AngularJS
- Why I’ve Stopped Using Float in My CSS
- A Friendly Intro to Version Control
- Intro to Git Hub (Video Series)