Whether you’re new to programming or already working in tech, coding resources to continue your growth are vital. A coding bootcamp is a great learning experience, but your growth as a programmer should always continue. Learning new skills after graduation is essential, both on the job and independently. There are a world of free and affordable resources available to developers just like you. Here are a few alumni favorites!
What are your favorite online resources to stay up to date on tech, or problem-solve projects you’re working on?
– Sloth I, Facebook Front-End 2017, Grand Rapids
“I use YouTube and LinkedIn a lot.”
– Ariana Waller, C#.NET 2017, Grand Rapids
“I still take classes on Udemy all the time to sharpen my existing skills or learn new ones.”
– Megan Boczar, Java 2017, Detroit
– Josh Buteyn, C#.NET 2017, Grand Rapids
“Stack Overflow and the Grand Rapids Slack channel are my two go-tos for questions I have and keeping up on the latest updates.”
– Tori Boone, C#.NET 2017, Grand Rapids
– Christopher Namyst, Java & Facebook Front-End 2017, Detroit
– Christina Lee, Front-End 2017, Detroit
“My LinkedIn is a pretty good source when it comes to getting information about the different things going on in tech. Developer.mozilla.org is also extremely helpful if I’m working on a project and get stuck on something I don’t know or remember how to do.”
– Michelle Williams, Front-End 2017, Detroit
“I love email newsletters! Benedict’s newsletter is my favorite for tech-related news. I also stay in the GC slack channel for general updates, and classes through Udemy, Udacity, Lynda and Pluralsight for when I need to learn a new skill.”
– Karina López, DEVELOP(her) 2017, Grand Rapids
Looking for support in learning a specific language? Here are a few of GC’s free favorites:
- Learn Java Online @ LearnJavaOnline.org
- Try C# .NET Core @ Code School
Thanks for the recommendations, alumni! Hopefully these resources prove helpful in your journey to becoming a developer. Have any suggestions we missed? Drop them in the comments below.