Are you wondering how to make your application stand out? Curious what our Admissions team looks for? Our hope is this blog can send you in the right direction in creating the best application possible!
Our coding bootcamps prepare students for a complete career change into tech. Many of our students start in entry-level Software Developer roles after graduation. Our bootcamps cover lessons in both technical skills as well as career search prep, through our career services team. We’ll explore three different ways to ensure you’re leaving the best impression in your application process: Preparation, Logistics and Things to Consider.
Grand Circus’ Tips to Complete a Coding Bootcamp Application
Get Ready for Your Big Career Change
Coding bootcamps are life-changing, and the Grand Circus community is a robust environment to guide you through that change. The reason we require an application is so we can get to know you, and understand how to best guide you through that life and career change.
If you haven’t considered how bootcamps will change your career, life and job hunt beyond the material outcomes–now is the time to think ahead!
Becoming a bootcamp student is a rigorous and hands-on experience (even remotely!). You’ll need to be ready to do homework outside of bootcamp, and bring your A-game to the bootcamp itself. Consider the following questions as you apply, and start your journey into tech.
- What is your plan for starting bootcamp? Start to think about life planning, financing, career options and beyond.
- Think about how you can portray who you are in the application, what is going to make you a good student at Grand Circus?
- Have you had coding experience? If so, make sure that’s portrayed in the application.
When preparing to fill out your application responses, think about these questions and how you can incorporate the answers into your application:
- Why is Grand Circus a good fit for you?
- What characteristics and traits make you a good fit for a coding bootcamp?
- What inspires you to have a career in tech?
- Are you passionate about learning to code? What is your reasoning for wanting to attend a bootcamp?
Other ways to prepare include doing your research on Grand Circus and Coding Bootcamps, our blog is a great place to start!
- 7 Traits of a Successful Bootcamp Student
- The Secret to Being a Successful Bootcamp Student
- Full Stack
Taking a workshop with us can help you to understand the Grand Circus learning environment and if coding is right for you. Getting a feel for our remote learning environment can also help you determine if a Full Time Bootcamp or After Hours Bootcamp is best for you. Full Time Bootcamps run are 14 weeks long, Monday – Friday from 9am – 5pm, After Hours Bootcamps run for 28 weeks, Monday, Wednesday & Thursday, 6:30pm – 10pm.
Both bootcamps cover the same amount of content, After Hours tends to be a better option for those who hope to keep their current daytime positions while attending a bootcamp.
We’re looking forward to reading your application!