Our proven process transforms tech-curious people of all backgrounds into programming powerhouses, who accomplish big things at Michigan’s leading companies.
You’re curious about becoming a developer. Now what?
- Join our free Bootcamp Info Sessions to get all your Bootcamp and career questions answered. They’re free! All are welcome, no matter your experience level, race, background or gender identity.
We can’t wait to meet you. Read on to learn more.
- Need to get hands-on with coding first? Take our free Intro to Coding Workshop to build your exposure. Want more? Continue to develop your skills, and get a feel for what it’s like to be a developer with two more workshops. Read on to learn more.
Just starting out? Get a taste of what it’s like to become a developer.
Free Intro to Coding Workshop
Curious about coding, don’t want to pay for a course, and don’t know where to start? This workshop is for you!
The free Introduction to Coding workshop is an ideal first step for you. Our highly-qualified instructors will teach you the basics of coding. You’ll also complete a globally recognized test called Fizz Buzz to assess if you’re bootcamp ready.
Workshop Outcomes: You’ll leave the class with an understanding of programming fundamentals and confidence that you coded. You’ll be able to judge if you’re ready to apply to the bootcamp, or if you need a little more time to develop your coding knowledge before speaking with the admissions team.
Pick a Front-End or Back-End Workshop
Deep dive into Front-End or Back-End coding languages with one of our dedicated workshops. Some students take both! You’ll have deeper insights to help you choose which language suits you.
Back-End Workshop Outcomes: This course dives deep into answering the
questions “what is Java?” and “why is it great?” You’ll learn the
the core functionality of the Eclipse IDE and other fundamentals of Java such as console applications, explore Boolean logic, arrays and loops. You’ll leave the class with a strong understanding of the basics of Java and insight into whether you want to become a back-end developer. Save all your work in your coding portfolio, too.
When and Where: Both workshops are monthly. Though these workshops are not free, we do offer a 50% discount if you attended Fundamentals and we apply the cost to your bootcamp fee, should you choose to enroll. Register for front-end here or back-end here.
Attend a Bootcamp Info Session
How can a coding bootcamp transform you into a career-ready programming powerhouse?
Attend a Bootcamp Info Session at any point. No coding experience necessary. Bring your questions! You’ll get a chance to meet the admissions team, tour our dynamic campus and learn more about:
- How Grand Circus has helped 1,500+ graduates start their pathway to new careers.
- How to pick the right bootcamp for you: full-time Front-End, .NET C#, Java or our after-hours Front-End or .NET C# programs.
- A typical day in the life of a bootcamp student.
- How our career services team has assisted students secure jobs at more companies than any other bootcamp in Michigan.
- How to apply and interview.
When and Where: Grand Circus hosts info sessions approximately once a month (more right before our application deadlines). Grand Rapids and Detroit dates are available here.
Not 100% sure which workshop is right for you? Contact us, we’ll connect you with the right workshop based on your experience level.
Feeling Ready for More?
Grand Circus graduates more developers and has more employer connections than any other bootcamp in Michigan. Grand Circus is the only coding bootcamp that offers evening programs. Our courses are custom-built around the most in-demand languages and skills.
If you’re ready to join the Grand Circus network, complete the bootcamp interest form here. We’ll connect you with the application, and info you need to move forward.