It’s here! The 2018 Outcomes Report.
We’re excited to present to you the Grand Circus 2018 Outcomes Report.
At Grand Circus we know that joining a coding bootcamp is a big time and financial commitment. Transparency is important to us and future students. To help ensure incoming students understand the opportunities available with the support of our coding bootcamps, we spend an incredible amount of time gathering the data, fact checking, reviewing and editing to ensure that what we present to the public is accurate. We’re thrilled to share more data this year, including outcomes from our first 26-week After-Hours Bootcamp that graduated in December 2018 as well as education background information for our graduates.
Other data highlights include:
- From 2017 to 2018, the number of students trained increased by 35%
- Despite the significant increase in trained students, we maintained a strong graduation rate of 89.2%.
- In addition, more students landed technical roles and hiring happened faster! The total graduate employment jumped to 89.1% (from 87.2% in 2017)
- 45% of grads landed jobs within 30 days of graduation, compared to 31% in 2017.
2018 year was another strong year of growth for Grand Circus. We trained more locally hired entry-level software developers than any other program in the state. These graduates join a community of 1,500+ alumni and 300+ employers — the largest tech community of its kind in Michigan. Since the 2017 Outcomes Report, Grand Circus has delivered significant impact across Michigan. Among the highlights, we:
- Improved student outcomes while significantly increasing the number of students trained
- Implemented substantial upgrades to our curriculum
- Extended our already deep network of employer partners
- Increased access to a tech career for more Michiganders and deepened our support of underrepresented groups
- Continued to strengthen our partnership with Facebook
Take a look inside of the Outcomes Report to dig deeper into the details behind these highlights.