We wake up every day hoping we’re closer to reopening our campus but we’re not there yet. The best we can do is keep the community’s well being at the center of our decision making.
How we’re building our plans
We wake up every day hoping we’re closer to reopening our campus but we’re not there yet. The best we can do is keep the community’s well being at the center of our decision making. We continue to follow and monitor guidance from the CDC and the State of Michigan for when we can safely re-open. On May 7, Governor Whitmer released guidance called the Safe Start program which breaks down the stages of returning to work and what needs to be true to advance to the next stage. Live instruction (and a possible return to campus) is in Stage 5.
All July bootcamps will start in our remote classrooms and operate remotely until it is safe (no sooner than Stage 5) at which point we will consider adding an in-person option for the Detroit campus. As we said when we first went remote, we’ll return once zero risk is established.
More learning options
Even when it is safe to resume some activities, many people will want to continue to learn remotely. We’ve built our plans to support as many people as we can.
- Starting in July, we’re pleased to offer all of our language tracks remotely: Front-End, C# .NET, and Java.
- After-hours cohorts will also be remote. As always, after-hours bootcamps will recieve the same technical training, support, and job-search help as our full-time students.
- In October, if we’re at stage 5 and zero risk has been established, we will offer two in-person Detroit cohorts: Full-Time C# .NET and Full-Time Front-End.
We hope this graphic helps outline options that may be right for you.
A couple notes:
- Optional in-person return for July refers to Grand Circus’ consideration of offering an in-person option for our campus in Detroit. It’s not a guarantee.
- Our October plan assumes we are at Stage 5 and we recognize the situation will continue to evolve
With these additions, we’re able to reach more humans across our state and help put them on the path to an amazing career in tech.
Keeping you safe and healthy on campus
For those who are eager to return to campus, we’ve been working hard on our plans to keep you safe and healthy when we can return. Everything from newer and stronger cleaning protocols, how we handle shared spaces, reconfiguring our shared and classroom spaces for proper distancing, augmented scheduling, and more. Stay tuned for further announcements on our campus plan.
Our Path Forward
In the meantime, we’ve added a remote option to our application for July and October cohorts for those who would like to start their journey.
We look forward to keeping you informed as we move forward as a community.
Sending you all a virtual hug. We’re rooting for you.