What will I learn?
This programming bootcamp will introduce you to the fundamentals of enterprise development (.NET), the use of Visual Studio, SQL databases, and how to design and deploy object- oriented applications. All along the way and after bootcamp, get the tried and tested training and support you need for a successful job search.
Some of the technical concepts include:
- Manipulating data in console applications
- C# Fundamentals, OOP, HTML/CSS, SQL and learn how to use those concepts within Web Applications
- Computer Science foundations including Algorithms, Data Structures and Design Patterns
- Collaborative software development and version control with Git and GitHub
- Software development and programming best practices that separate great developers from the rest
- Best practices for deploying applications to Microsoft Azure
- Consuming and integrating third-party application programming interfaces (APIs) in an application
- How to make an API
- Agile application development
Before you start the bootcamp classroom sessions, you’ll complete mandatory at-home pre-work we call Unit One. This work provides the foundation for the bootcamp lessons and covers fundamentals that all successful developers need to know.
Then, you’ll start classroom instruction Mondays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays from 6:30pm-10pm.
The after-hours curriculum is staggered with two typical weeks:
Due to COVID-19, all our classrooms are operating remotely, live and online.
The health and safety of our students and community are most important to us. Our bootcamps will be fully remote until the COVID-19 virus has been controlled to a safe level at which point, we hope to bring everyone back in person. From one-on-one support to a full learning experience, our remote bootcamps provide the family vibes of our in-person model. Learn more about what to expect.
The environment, coding, and learning are all a breath of fresh air and I looked forward to every single day there. The bootcamp will be known as one of the best experiences of my life.
— Lanna B.
Software Developer at Little Caesars
We help you find your new job.
As a Grand Circus bootcamp student, you’ll receive personalized support from our team of career coaches and program managers designed to support your future career ambitions, not only for your first job after bootcamp but for your long-term career in tech (or wherever your new skills will take you!).
Navigating a new industry can be difficult; our career services team has crafted a learning approach that teaches students how to identify goals, research their options and find their competitive edge. This collaborative relationship between students and staff takes hustle and hard work. Our proven process works when students work with the process.
Students build their career and soft skills through sessions on:
- Impostor Syndrome + Giving & Receiving Feedback Workshop
- Career Inspiration & Exploration
- Employable You (LinkedIn Workshop)
- Communicating for Success
- Interview Prep
- Distinct Value Add
- Mock Behavioral & Technical Interviews
Throughout bootcamp you will:
- Learn skills to combat imposter syndrome, something many developers struggle with. We’ll help you identify signs of self-doubt, ways to overcome them and guide you through constructive ways to give and receive feedback
- Understand and prepare for the career search process in your new industry
- Determine career goals and keep motivated in successfully finding your dream job
- Practice behavioral and technical interviews with upfront training, tips, and mock interviews to improve your interviewing confidence
- Hear from guest speakers and participate in workshops designed to prepare you for your new career
- Learn to assess your skills objectively against job descriptions
- Build your unique professional brand
- Show off your new skills and connect with employers at the Student Showcase
- Get connected to the tech community through hosted meetups and community events
Costs & Financing
Total Tuition: $11,750
It is free to apply. If you're accepted, the deposit is $100 to save your seat and unlock the bootcamp pre-work we call Unit 1.
Taking a 26-week programming bootcamp is a significant investment of both time and money. To help ease the financial burden, we’ve made early registration discounts multiple financing options available for our students.Learn About Financing
We also offer scholarships as part of our diversity program. Women, veterans and underrepresented minorities seeking a new career in tech may receive an automatic $1,750 scholarship. Check out our Financing and Scholarships page for more information.Learn About Scholarships
We want to get to know you and how we can help.
First, you submit an interest form and you’ll receive our application.
After a few general questions about you, like your name and address, the application consists of four questions:
1. Tell us about yourself! What's your background? This is your opportunity for us to get to know you.
2. Why have you selected this specific programming language?
3. What have you done to prepare for a coding bootcamp? What challenges have you faced?
4. Why are you interested in learning software development?
5. What are you expecting out of this bootcamp?
Once you send your answers back to us, we set you up with an in-person interview at Grand Circus. If you can’t make it to us, we’ll complete the interview over Zoom.
C# .NET Core After-Hours Coding Bootcamp
OCT 12 - MARCH 26, 2021; Mon, Weds, Thurs —
Apply by September 4
Apply by August 21 to lock in your early application discount
JAN 11 - JUNE. 25, 2021; Mon, Weds, Thurs —
Apply by December 21
Apply by December 1 to lock in early bird discount
APRIL 5 - SEPT 30, 2021; Mon, Weds, Thurs —
Apply by March 7
Apply by February 15 to lock in your early application discount
MAY 24 - NOV 18, 2021; Mon, Weds, Thurs —
Apply by April 26
Apply by April 6 to lock in your early application discount
AUG 2, 2021 - FEB 10, 2022; Mon, Weds, Thurs —
Apply by July 5
Apply by June 15 to lock in your early application discount
OCT 12 - APRIL 21, 2022; Mon, Weds, Thurs —
Apply by August 15
Apply by Sept 27 to lock in your early application discount
NOV 29 - JUNE 9, 2022; Mon, Weds, Thurs —
Apply by Nov 1
Apply by Oct 13 to lock in your early application discount
Frequently Asked Questions
What are you looking for in a candidate?
If you’re smart, tenacious, resourceful and hardworking, you’ll be ready for a bootcamp. Many of our students have dabbled in code through online tutorials and other courses. Some students have basic programming experience. We want candidates that are self-motivated and committed to the Grand Circus program. Learning any new skill can become frustrating, so it’s important to see this opportunity as a welcome challenge, rather than a stress-inducing problem.
Do I need to know how to code before bootcamp?
Students should have a basic understanding of computers such as creating files, folders, organization and a working knowledge of using the computer. The ability to install programs on your computer is also important. We have also found that our strongest students have some type of basic understanding of programming languages either from taking one of our Learn to Code workshops or learning on their own. The Intro to C# .NET Workshop gives you the skills and confidence you’ll need to complete the bootcamp pre-work for this bootcamp d start your path to becoming a software developer.
Do I need to have a bachelor’s degree?
A bachelor’s degree is not required to get into our coding bootcamps or a job in tech. We’ve had many students without degrees become very successful and find great jobs that they love. However, it’s important to note that some jobs in the tech industry will require a four-year degree of some kind.
What do I need to bring to bootcamp?
We recommend bringing your own laptop, though Grand Circus also has a limited number of laptops that students can borrow during the course.
What happens after bootcamp?
We have strong relationships with companies that are enthusiastic about hiring our entry-level developers and allowing them to grow within their organizations. Once you graduate from a Grand Circus bootcamp, you’ll gain access to our job placement services and our networking events. We also integrate job readiness and soft skills training (on topics like communication and teamwork) into our bootcamps so that our students are ready to interview successfully, once the bootcamp ends.
Can I get a job out of state with a certificate of completion from Grand Circus?
Yes! We’ve had several students get their first entry-level tech jobs outside of Michigan.More Answers