What will I learn?
Your training will cover the .NET(C#) programming language. You’ll learn through a variety of learning methods including interactive lectures, coding labs and weekly code challenges. Some of the concepts covered include:
- The lifecycle of a .NET project
- C# language syntax
- The mechanics of developing for .NET using Visual Studio
- How to program web applications with ASP.NET
- And more…
Beyond the technical skills, being a developer requires additional core competencies. These skills include communication, conflict resolution and teamwork. During the DEVELOP(her) program, we’ll cover critical skills like:
- How to give and receive feedback and navigate Imposter Syndrome
- Resume and LinkedIn Prep
- Team work and Communication Skills
All DEVELOP(her) coding bootcamps include an Early Career Mentorship with the Michigan Council of Women in Technology’s (MCWT) igNITE program. Since 2000, MCWT has supported the careers of women in technology through mentorship and programming. Applicants are paired with a mentor based on mutual interests, career goals and experience.
We take a highly selective, in-depth approach to filling our DEVELOP(her) bootcamp for women.
- Must identify as female
- Be over 18 years old
- Scholarship winners agree to awardee commitments (see below)
- Applicant must be available for the full length of the bootcamp
- Preferred but not required: minimum of 2 years of work experience
- Any type of full-time (32 hours or more/week) position held for a minimum of 6 months
Before you start the bootcamp classroom sessions, you’ll complete two weeks of mandatory at-home learning. This work provides the foundation for the bootcamp lessons and covers fundamentals that all successful developers need to know.
Once you start the 10-week classroom sessions on September 12, you’ll be on site at Start Garden in downtown Grand Rapids on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday from 6pm to 9pm, and Saturdays 9am to 5pm. We love to start on time, so please plan to get there a few minutes early.
- Applications Open: June 26
- Applications Close: July 20 at noon
- In-person Interviews in Grand Rapids: July 25 and 26 (invite only)
- Acceptance email goes out: Early August, date TBD
- Mandatory Pre-work goes out: Early August, date TBD
- Program beings: September 12
"Grand Circus taught me more than a programming languages, it taught me how to be a problem solver. I now can break down a problem, research it, work with a team and solve the problem."
— Saresa Smith
Java Developer, North American Bancard
We help you find your new job.
Your job hunt will not go unaided. You’ll receive mentorship and support along the way.
Costs & Financing
Total Tuition: FREE
Thanks to the generosity of TEKsystems, the Women's Resource Center and The Source, the program is free for selected participants. Applications for this program are now closed.
Application: We take a highly selective, in-depth approach to filling our DEVELOP(her) bootcamp for women.
The application process is designed so we get to know you and in turn, you get to know us and thoroughly understand our bootcamp model.
First, you submit an application. After a few general questions about you, like your name and address, the application consists of four questions.
In-person Interview: Once you send your answers back to us, we will review and potentially set you up with an in-person interview with Grand Circus at our offices inside Start Garden in downtown Grand Rapids.
We will review information and send out acceptances to a select number of women for the program. Ready to get started? We hope you’re in!
DEVELOP(her) Bootcamp for Women in Grand Rapids
Start Date: September 12 — Apply by July 20 at noon
This bootcamp is not currently accepting applications.
Contact us to be the first to know when applications reopen!