What will I learn?
We will specifically target the HTML5 and CSS3 standards. Some of the concepts you’ll learn include:
- Node.js, NPM
- AJAX / json
Before you start the bootcamp classroom sessions, you’ll complete two weeks of mandatory at-home learning. This work provides the foundation for the bootcamp lessons and covers fundamentals that all successful developers need to know.
Once you start classroom sessions, you’ll be on-site at Grand Circus either in Detroit and Grand Rapids Monday through Friday, 9am to 5pm.
- Grand Rapids location: Start Garden, 40 Pearl St. NW
- Detroit location: downtown Detroit, 1570 Woodward
THE IDEAL STUDENT WOULD HAVE:
- Some experience in a back-end programming language (can be on your own, in a professional setting or schooling)
- A college degree or some college coursework
- The ability to be resourceful and figure things out on his/her own (students should utilize Google or other tools to solve problems before asking for assistance while problem solving)
- Minimum of 3 years of professional experience (full time, 32 hours a week or more working in a professional setting)
- The ability to receive and give both positive and constructive feedback in a professional setting, work with a team of people of diverse backgrounds and are comfortable being uncomfortable with the things you don’t know
- A growth mindset, great attitude and excitement to learn at lightning speed
- A passion for helping others in a collaborative environment
I love being excited every morning, getting stumped every afternoon and repeating. But with some understanding in there, too.
— Marina Kassel
Front-End Developer, TM Productions
Costs & Financing
Total Tuition: Free
This bootcamp is sponsored by Facebook.
Applications for this program will be highly competitive. Our team will be accepting students on a rolling basis, based on phone and in-person interviews as well as exemplary completion of the Front-End pre-work. Each step of the application process is required, and our team will notify each candidate if they have made it to the next round on a rolling basis.
October 16 - December 8 —
Apply by Sept. 7, 2017
Please note: Acceptance into this program will be done on a rolling basis. Applications will close once the class is full.