What will I learn?
We will specifically target the HTML5 and CSS3 standards. Some of the concepts you’ll learn include:
- Node.js, NPM
- AJAX / json
Before you start the bootcamp classroom sessions, you’ll complete two weeks of mandatory at-home learning. This work provides the foundation for the bootcamp lessons and covers fundamentals that all successful developers need to know.
Once you start classroom sessions, you’ll be on-site at Grand Circus either in Detroit and Grand Rapids Monday through Friday, 9am to 5pm.
- Grand Rapids location: Start Garden, 40 Pearl St. NW
- Detroit location: downtown Detroit, 1570 Woodward
THE IDEAL STUDENT WOULD HAVE:
- Some experience in a back-end programming language (can be on your own, in a professional setting or schooling)
- A college degree or some college coursework
- The ability to be resourceful and figure things out on his/her own (students should utilize Google or other tools to solve problems before asking for assistance while problem solving)
- Minimum of 3 years of professional experience (full time, 32 hours a week or more working in a professional setting)
- The ability to receive and give both positive and constructive feedback in a professional setting, work with a team of people of diverse backgrounds and are comfortable being uncomfortable with the things you don’t know
- A growth mindset, great attitude and excitement to learn at lightning speed
- A passion for helping others in a collaborative environment
I love being excited every morning, getting stumped every afternoon and repeating. But with some understanding in there, too.
— Marina Kassel
Front-End Developer, TM Productions
Costs & Financing
Total Tuition: Free
This bootcamp is sponsored by Facebook.
Applications for this program will be highly competitive. Our team will be accepting students on a rolling basis, based on phone and in-person interviews as well as exemplary completion of the Front-End pre-work. Each step of the application process is required, and our team will notify each candidate if they have made it to the next round on a rolling basis.
Detroit & Grand Rapids applications are now closed
October 16 - December 8 —
Apply by Sept. 7, 2017
Please note: Acceptance into this program will be done on a rolling basis. Applications will close once the class is full.
Frequently Asked Questions
Will I get a job at Facebook if I take this bootcamp?
Why is this called the Facebook bootcamp?
What is the time commitment?
How many people will be in the class?
What is React?
Am I guaranteed a job if I complete this bootcamp?
Does this have anything to do with the Facebook Micro-credential workshops?
What does it mean that this program is doing rolling acceptances?
This bootcamp is not currently accepting applications.
Contact us to be the first to know when applications reopen!