What will I learn?
You will learn:
- Collaborative software development and version control with Git and GitHub
- Software development and programming best practices that separate great developers from the rest
- Best practices for deploying applications
- Working with back-end servers and JSON APIs to provide the data behind the experience
- Consuming and integrating third-party application programming interfaces (APIs) in an application
- Agile application development
Before you start the bootcamp classroom sessions, you’ll complete mandatory at-home pre-work we call Unit One. This work provides the foundation for the bootcamp lessons and covers fundamentals that all successful developers need to know.
Once you start classroom sessions, you’ll be on site at Grand Circus Monday – Friday, 9am – 5pm.
"I love being excited every morning, getting stumped every afternoon, and repeating. But with some understanding in there, too."
— Marina Kassel
Front-end Developer, TM Productions
We help you find your new job.
As a Grand Circus after-hours bootcamp student, you’ll receive personalized support from our team of career coaches and program managers designed to support your future career ambitions, not only for your first job after bootcamp but for your long-term career in tech (or wherever your new skills will take you!).
Navigating a new industry can be difficult; our career services team has crafted a learning approach that teaches students how to identify goals, research their options and find their competitive edge. This collaborative relationship between students and staff takes hustle and hard work. Our proven process works when students work with the process.
Students build their career and soft skills through sessions on:
- Impostor Syndrome + Giving & Receiving Feedback Workshop
- Career Inspiration & Exploration
- Employable You (LinkedIn Workshop)
- Communicating for Success
- Interview Prep
- Distinct Value Add
- Mock Behavioral & Technical Interviews
Throughout bootcamp you will:
- Learn skills to combat imposter syndrome, something many developers struggle with. We’ll help you identify signs of self-doubt, ways to overcome them and guide you through constructive ways to give and receive feedback
- Understand and prepare for the career search process in your new industry
- Determine career goals and keep motivated in successfully finding your dream job
- Practice behavioral and technical interviews with upfront training, tips, and mock interviews to improve your interviewing confidence
- Hear from guest speakers and participate in workshops designed to prepare you for your new career
- Learn to assess your skills objectively against job descriptions
- Build your unique professional brand
- Show off your new skills and connect with employers at Demo Day
Get connected to the tech community through hosted meetups and community events
Costs & Financing
Total Tuition: $11,750
It is free to apply. If you're accepted, the deposit is $800 to save your seat and unlock Unit One.
Taking a 12-week coding bootcamp is a significant investment of both time and money. To help ease the financial burden, we’ve made early registration discounts and multiple financing options available for our students.Learn About Financing
We also offer scholarships as part of our diversity program. Women, veterans and underrepresented minorities seeking a new career in tech may receive an automatic $1,500 scholarship. Check out our Financing and Scholarships page for more information.Learn About Scholarships
We want to get to know you and how we can help.
First, you submit an interest form and you’ll receive our application.
After a few general questions about you, like your name and address, the application consists of four questions.
Once you send your answers back to us, we set you up with an in-person interview at Grand Circus. If you can’t make it to Detroit, we’ll complete the interview over Zoom. Easy!
Front-End Coding Bootcamp
JAN. 21 - MARCH 27, 2020; Mon - Fri, 9am - 5pm (Detroit) — Apply by
APRIL 20 - JUNE 26, 2020; Mon - Fri, 9am - 5pm (Detroit) —
Apply by March 13, 2020
Apply by February 28 to lock in your early application discount and save $1,000
JULY 20 - SEPT. 25, 2020; Mon - Fri, 9am - 5pm (Detroit or Grand Rapids) —
Apply by June 12, 2020
Apply by May 29 to lock in your early application discount and save $1,000
OCT. 12 - DEC. 18, 2020; Mon - Fri, 9am - 5pm (Detroit) —
Apply by September 4, 2020
Apply by August 21 to lock in your early application discount and save $1,000
— Apply by
Frequently Asked Questions
What are you looking for in a candidate?
If you’re smart, tenacious, resourceful and hardworking, you’ll be ready for a bootcamp. Many of our students have dabbled in code through online tutorials and other courses. Some students have basic programming experience. We want candidates that are self-motivated and committed to the Grand Circus program. Learning any new skill can become frustrating, so it’s important to see this opportunity as a welcome challenge, rather than a stress-inducing problem.
Do I need strong computer skills?
Students should have a basic understanding of computers such as creating files, folders, organization and a working knowledge of using the computer. The ability to install programs on your computer is also important. We have also found that our strongest students have some type of basic understanding of programming languages. To get started, we recommend checking out our free Intro to Coding workshop.
Do I need to have a bachelor’s degree?
A bachelor’s degree is not required to get into our coding bootcamps. We’ve had many students without degrees become very successful and find great jobs that they love. However, it’s important to note that some jobs in the tech industry will require a four-year degree of some kind.
What do I need to bring to bootcamp?
We recommend bringing your own laptop, though Grand Circus also has a limited number of laptops that students can borrow during the course.
What happens after bootcamp is over?
We have strong relationships with companies that are enthusiastic about hiring our entry-level developers and allowing them to grow within their organizations. Once you graduate from a Grand Circus bootcamp, you’ll gain access to our job placement services and our networking events. We also integrate job readiness and soft skills training (on topics like communication and teamwork) into our bootcamps so that our students are ready to successfully interview for their dream job.
Can I get a job out of state with a certificate of completion from Grand Circus?
Yes! We’ve had several students get their first entry-level tech jobs outside of Michigan.More Answers