This page is dedicated to our Detroit DEVELOP(her) scholarship program, and applications are now closed. If you’re looking for more information on the Grand Rapids DEVELOP(her) coding bootcamp, please visit this page.
Ready to get the ball rolling?
We’re committed to training more women for careers in tech. One of the ways we do this is by providing coding bootcamp scholarships for women. Through our rigorous application process, we select passionate and talented students and award them coding scholarships to a full-time or part-time bootcamp in Detroit and in Grand Rapids later this year. The admissions panel considers demonstrated level of commitment, career goals and unique skills. A short list of the students we interview for DEVELOP(her) scholarships are then invited to an “intro to coding” workshop. This course allows us to further evaluate the skill level and passion of each scholarship candidate, and ultimately helps our team in the final selections process.
We’re excited to partner with the Michigan Council of Women in Technology (MCWT) for the second year in a row for early career mentorship for the Scholarship Awardees.
- Must identify as female
- Be over 18 years old
- Must have a minimum of 2 years of work experience
- Any type of full-time (32 hours or more/week) position held for a minimum of 6 months
- Scholarship winners agree to awardee commitments (see below)
- Applicant must be available for the full length of the bootcamp
- Agree to be a part of a four-part blog series/interview Series
- Attend and speak at one bootcamp info session per quarter
- Become an alumni mentor to a future scholarship recipient
- Opt in to the Grand Circus Job Assistance process
- Optional: Help interview other scholarship recipients for future bootcamps
- Full-tuition scholarship to a full-time / part-time bootcamp
- Membership for a year in Michigan Council for Women in Technology (MCWT)
- Mentorship through the MCWT Ignite program
Interested in applying for the DEVELOP(her) Scholarship? Stay tuned! More information about our Grand Rapids DEVELOP(her) Bootcamp will be coming soon.
What happens if I want to apply for a scholarship, but not for the April cohorts?
What happens if I don't receive the scholarship but still want to take a bootcamp?
What are you looking for in a scholarship awardee?
What does 'successfully completing the bootcamp' mean?
What is an 'intro to coding' workshop?
Do I need to quit my job to take a bootcamp?
Is the pre-work mandatory?
Interested in more bootcamp FAQs? Check out our FAQ page here.