Ready to get the ball rolling?
During the application process, we select passionate, talented and female-identifying students for consideration for the DEVELOP(her) Scholarship. This scholarship is available for all of our programs including full-time and after-hours at both Detroit and Grand Rapids campus.
The admissions team considers your demonstrated level of commitment, career goals and unique skills for this scholarship.
Candidates interested in the DEVELOP(her) scholarship must complete our regular bootcamp admissions process by submitting an application and attending an in-person interview.
Requirements & Commitments
- Must identify as female
- Be over 18 years old
- Scholarship winners agree to awardee commitments
- Applicant must be available for the full length of the bootcamp
- Applicant must:
- Provide proof of household income (scholarships are reserved for needs-based candidates who are at or under a $50K annual income)
- Consider themselves underemployed or unemployed
- Be a Michigan resident and U.S. citizen
- Agree to be a part of an alumni highlight blog
- Participate in an alumni panel during a future bootcamp to speak to students
- Opt in to the Grand Circus Career Assistance process
- Be available for press appearances and other media asks if needed
- A partial scholarship to a full-time or after-hours bootcamp (not to be combined with any other scholarships or discounts)
- Apply to a bootcamp as normal through the interest form/application
- Complete the DEVELOP(her) qualifying questions in the bootcamp application
- Schedule an in-person interview with the admissions team (invite only)
- You will be asked to submit an $800 non-refundable deposit in order to receive the mandatory Unit 1: pre-work
- Pass unit 1: pre-work
Grand Circus will decide on scholarship awardees based on Unit 1 scores, applications, and in-person interview.
What happens if I don't receive the scholarship but still want to take a bootcamp?
What does annual household income mean?
What are you looking for in a scholarship awardee?
Do I need to quit my job to take a bootcamp?
What is the regular bootcamp admissions process?
How often is the DEVELOP(her) scholarship offered?
Interested in more bootcamp FAQs? Check out our FAQ page here.