Is This Coding Bootcamp For You?
YES! IF YOU:
- Live in the city of Detroit and have a valid Detroit address on your State ID or license (Hamtramck and Highland Park not included)
- Are interested and excited about a career in IT
- Are a do-er, have hustle and grit
- Enjoy solving problems, finding creative solutions and are detail oriented
- Thrive in team-orientated environments
- Have good verbal and written communication skills
Presented in partnership with Detroit at Work, through the TechHire Initiative.
Timeline and Eligibility
Applications for our October 2018 TechHire bootcamp are now closed.
- September 11: Last day for applicants to be notified if they will receive the technical pre-work (invite-only)
- September 17, 18, 19 or 20: Mandatory “Detroit at Work Career Center Orientation” (invite only, applicants will choose one day to attend)
- September 24: Mandatory bootcamp unit 1: pre-work due
- October 1: Final roster of students goes out
- October 8: Bootcamp begins
- 18+ years old
- Lives in Detroit and has a valid Detroit address on your State ID or license (candidates will be required to provide an ID at the time of the interview)
- Have reliable transportation to downtown Detroit (attendance is mandatory every day, beginning at 9am)
- Attend the pre-program orientation at a Detroit at Work Career Center and are approved for funding
- Must be available and able to commit to the full-time bootcamp, October 8 – December 14, 9am-5pm
- Are dedicated to finding a career in technology after bootcamp is completed
What Do I Need For This Coding Bootcamp?
- Has dabbled in coding on his/her own whether it be through free online resources, a Grand Circus Free Intro to Coding Workshop or in a work/school environment
- The ability to be resourceful and figure things out on his/her own (students should utilize Google or other tools to solve problems before asking for assistance while problem solving)
- Some professional work experience whether it be in a corporate or entrepreneurial setting
- The ability to receive and give both positive and constructive feedback in a professional setting, work with a team of people of diverse backgrounds and are comfortable being uncomfortable with the things you don’t know
- A growth mindset, great attitude and excitement to learn at lightning speed
- A passion for helping others in a collaborative environment
- You’re willing to roll up your sleeves and dive into solving a problem even if it’s “not your job”
- Has a High School Diploma/GED
- Is a Detroit resident