At Grand Circus, we train students for jobs in Michigan’s fastest-growing tech companies. We know that anyone can be a developer, so we’re passionate about educating career transitioners in coding and other skills that lead to high-growth careers. To do so, we need an operational-guru, otherwise known as a Program Manager, to shepherd our students to success in our Detroit campus!
WHAT DOES AN AFTER-HOURS PROGRAM MANAGER DO?
As an After-Hours Program Manager at Grand Circus, you’re responsible for the student experience during their time in a bootcamp, where you’ll handle all non-technical and logistical aspects of our programs. Specifically, you’ll oversee the student’s transition from orientation all the way though their bootcamp at Grand Circus Detroit to graduation and Demo Day! During a student’s time at Grand Circus, you’ll be their go-to person, where you will be responsible for:
- Coordinating fun events like potlucks, game night, happy hours and any other exciting activities that foster community
- Supporting students’ job readiness through soft skills training, in coordination with the Director of Learning and career services
- Daily communication with students to keep them on track for graduation
- Handling all feedback from students, including through retros, 1:1s and surveys
- Providing direct positive and constructive feedback to students to help them grow
- Effective and regular communication with instructional staff, career services staff, and the Director of Learning
- Responding to student inquiries on Slack and email in a timely manner
This position is a part-time role between 15 and 20 hours per week, Monday through Thursday, 5pm – 10pm.
YOU’RE PERFECT FOR THIS JOB IF YOU:
- Have a proven track record of being a “people person”
- Get your inbox down to zero every day
- Have the ability to make important decisions on the fly
- Have been told you’re highly detail-oriented and never miss a beat
- Are often the “go-to” person for advice
- Feel comfortable delivering direct feedback
- Are known for your effective communication (both orally and written)
- Operate most effectively when you have access to organizational tools
- Are down with the company culture at Grand Circus:
- Love your coworkers and Mondays
- Break out in dance and/or song
- Support diversity efforts in your community
- Bring a layer of knowledge on random topics
- Creatively embrace chaos and change
- Family of Companies (FOC) discounts
- Paid parking in downtown Detroit
- Be a part of one of Crain’s Coolest Places to work!
- Regular feedback for growth!
- Flexible vacation policy
How to apply:
- What does “When you’re here, you’re family” mean to you?
- Tell me about a time that your logistical or organizational skills were out of this world.
The subject of your email should be: After-Hours Program Manager – Detroit.