At Grand Circus, we train students for jobs in Michigan’s fastest-growing tech companies. We believe that anyone can learn the skills to be a developer, so we’re passionate about helping career changers get into the tech industry.
We are looking for a Career Services Specialist who will report to the Talent Solutions Lead. The role will be vital in coordinating job training, support and assessment of Grand Circus bootcamp students and alumni. The person in this role will be critical in building relationships with the students, editing resumes and cover letters, and assisting with job-related questions throughout the application process that our students enter with employers.
To be successful in this role, you will thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative environment that requires you to be extremely detail-oriented. As an ideal candidate for this position, you will be someone who enjoys working with and presenting to students in-person. The role is based in Detroit but will require regular travel (2-4 days per month) to the Grand Rapids campus.
- Work with the Talent Solutions Lead to support and facilitate soft skills training and career readiness plans for students in all phases of the bootcamp.
- Play an active role in maintaining in-person open office hours to act as a career coach for students as they apply to jobs throughout the bootcamp
- Edit, revise and review resumes and cover letters for bootcamp students
- Support current students and alumni as they prepare for specific jobs
- Liaise with employers to schedule regular info sessions and hiring events as well as bootcamp demo day invitations and to gather alumni feedback once on the job
- Identify open roles in the region and contribute to the internal student job board
- Work with the Grand Circus Learning Management System to track student work and provide feedback on submissions
- Work with Grand Rapids team to schedule and facilitate soft skill sessions and career services activities for GR students.
- Has experience working with the students and/or job seekers on career readiness activities or job coaching
- Is eager to identify challenges and implement solutions
- Is comfortable speaking in public and facilitating in front of large groups
- Has a professional and resourceful style with the ability to work independently
- Has a proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Google Suite
- Is available for travel to and from Grand Rapids 2-4 days per month
- Has experience with Hubspot and Salesforce a plus, but not required
- Nice to have: recruitment or career coaching experience
There are a lot of great and wonderful things to say about being a team member at Grand Circus. Our team is a fun, hard-working group of individuals who like coming to work on Mondays. It’s also hard to beat that warm-and-fuzzy feeling that happens when you witness a student succeed and change their lives through the program that you assisted with. Want even more? Check out our careers page, plus…
- Competitive compensation plus benefits
- A liberal vacation policy
- On-site massages and lots of free food
- Paid parking in downtown Detroit
- Access to a sweet list of Quicken Loans Family of Companies perks and discounts
- A work environment that was rated #4 on Crain’s Cool Places to Work
How To Apply:
Email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: Career Services Specialist Job Application and your responses to the questions below:
- What makes you uniquely qualified for this role?
- What are your thoughts on cover letters?