The Career Services Specialist will play a vital role in coordinating the job training, support, and assessment of Grand Circus bootcamp students and alumni. They will be critical in building relationships with the students, editing resumes and cover letters, and assisting with job-related questions throughout the application processes that our students enter with local employers.
To be successful in this role, you will thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative environment that requires you to be extremely detail-oriented. As an ideal candidate for this position, you will be someone who enjoys working with others in-person.
This role requires a flexible schedule with hours in the evening three days a week. Applicants should be able to commute to downtown Detroit. This is a contracted, full-time position.
- Work with Company Engagement Manager to support and track soft skills training and readiness plans for bootcamp students in all phases of the program
- Play an active role in maintaining in-person open office hours to act as a career coach for students as they apply to jobs throughout the bootcamp
- Edit, revise and review resumes and cover letters for bootcamp students
- Support current students and alumni as they prepare for specific jobs
- Support regular check-ins with hiring partners to gather alumni hiring performance information
- Identify open roles in the region and contribute to the student job board
- Participate in staff meetings and soft skill training sessions
- Some experience in some type of education or human resources, job readiness or career services
- Demonstrated knowledge of job coaching, career counseling and/or job training
- Eagerness/ability to identify challenges and implement solutions
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written English communication skills
- Ability to take initiative and manage multiple tasks and projects at one time, delivering within deadlines
- A professional and resourceful style with the ability to work independently
- Comfortable in a close-knit, team-oriented setting
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Google Tools
- Experience with Hubspot and Trello, a plus but not required
What are the perks?
- Regular feedback for growth
- Paid parking in downtown Detroit
- Getting to enjoy watching students grow and succeed!
How to apply
Send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and answer the below questions:
- One of our core values is “anyone can be a developer“. Most of our students are transitioning into a new career in tech, how would you help navigate their transition that is unique?
- What experiences in your life make you qualified for this position?