At Grand Circus, we train students for jobs in fast-growing tech companies. We know that anyone can be a developer, and we’re passionate about helping career changers get into the tech industry. Our staff teaches coding and other skills that lead to high-growth careers.
Content Writer Job Opening
We are looking for a qualified Content Writer to join our team. If you think you check off most of this list and are a quick learner, not afraid to try new things, and are a self-starter, please go ahead and apply! Women, BIPOC, and LGBTQ+ are encouraged to apply–you are welcome here.
The Content Writer will work as an integrated marketing team member to expand the Grand Circus mission; anyone can be a developer. You will bring this mission to life across email, social media, blogs, interviews, Eventbrite, and landing pages.
The Content Writer has experience leading the charge in executing content marketing efforts that yield results. You are comfortable with data, and with reviewing different content across platforms for conversion optimization and impactful user experience. You use terms like open rate, CTR, and read time, easily. You will liaison with the digital marketing specialist to make sure your content gets published across social media, Eventbrite updates, email flows, and blogs. Ideally, you have familiarity with HubSpot or similar CRMs.
The Content Writer will have a strategic approach to developing new content for email campaigns, editorial content for blogs, social media content, and must be very comfortable with adopting and working on a brand voice. You will be guided under the direction of the overall brand and storytelling strategy as decided by the Director of Marketing and Associate Director of Storytelling and Events. The Content Writer will create content and campaign themes under the larger marketing strategy across our workshop, recruitment, and nurturing objectives and platforms. Will collaborate and work with a graphic designer and digital marketing specialist. And most of all, the Content Writer will do a lot of writing. You are comfortable with writing in all it’s forms, can adjust quickly to different tones and brand voice guidelines, and are exceedingly comfortable with AP grammar guidelines.
The Content Writer will also produce content for ongoing events on Eventbrite, and offer ideas and their expertise on how to best leverage content across platforms to increase conversions to RSVPs and bootcamp applicants. You will be able to write content within a campaign and on an ongoing basis. Should be an expert at creating and executing content calendars on social media, and able to adapt and write new content quickly.
- Produce blog, email, and social media content centered around Grand Circus’ alumni stories, core mission, and recruitment objectives.
- Organize writing schedules to complete drafts of content or finished projects within deadlines
- Monitor and adjust content for tone, relevance, and conversion optimization across platforms (social, blog and email).
- Work on and inspire marketing campaign themes within the marketing and growth team, offer creative campaign ideas.
- Edit event content on Eventbrite.
- Regularly schedule original content to social media within the Grand Circus brand voice and guidelines.
- Develop content strategies and optimization tactics to leverage email and social media to increase RSVPs to events and workshops.
- Analyze the open rates, CTR, and time spent on-page of all emails and email campaigns. A/B test and execute conversion optimization for all email and social content.
- Collaborate with contractors to create content for landing pages or ads if necessary.
- Use search engine optimization (SEO) strategies in blog writing to maximize the online visibility of website in search results.
- Ability to write within the brand guidelines and tone of Grand Circus. Brand consistency and the ability to follow AP style is a must.
- Proven record of excellent writing
- Ability to implement new content marketing tactics or strategies in order to increase conversion rates
- Ability to work independently, and to collaborate with the marketing and growth team at large
- Ability to work on multiple projects with different objectives simultaneously
- Comfortable with G-Suite
- Flexible and adaptable with the ability to take the lead, and receive feedback well.
- Understanding of coding, bootcamp industry, IT or software development a plus.
- 2-5 years of experience as a Content Writer and/or Content Strategist.
- 1-2 sample pieces of work required, portfolio is a plus
- Understanding of market research
- Good understanding of marketing best practices, conversion optimization, user experience, and user journey
- Ability to assess email, social media, other content, and marketing campaigns for effectiveness
- Ability to read and analyze marketing data
- Scrappy, self-starter who isn’t afraid to try, fail and try again.
- Additional experience in HubSpot is preferred but not required
Our team is a hard-working group of individuals who believe in creating empowerment through education. We fight imposter syndrome in ourselves, and in the tech industry. We bare witness as students change their lives through the investment they make in themselves through our bootcamp. Check out our alumni blog for inspiring stories. That’s the business we’re in–one where lives are forever changed through a skill that we truly believe anyone can learn.
- Competitive compensation plus benefits
- Liberal vacation policy
- Fully remote workforce
- Access to a sweet list of Quicken Loans Family of Companies perks and discounts
- Regular feedback for growth
Email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Should your resume be chosen, we’ll reply with a small project for you to complete ahead of your first interview.
Please make the subject of your email: Content Writer