Grand Circus is looking for a data analyst intern to help craft a first-for-us impact study, to help Grand Circus measure the impact of its 5+ years and 1,500+ hundred graduates. The data analyst intern will work with internal leadership, alumni and our employer network to identify successes, trends, skills obtained, and the overall economic (and educational!) impact of coding bootcamps’ graduates. A successful individual in this role loves quantitative & qualitative analysis, welcomes ambiguity, thinks critically, and teaches those around you, has a natural curiosity and meticulous attention to detail and enjoys data visualization and storytelling.
This is a full-time (40-hours per week) internship beginning in May and ending in August with the potential to stay on longer. Intern must be able to commute to downtown Detroit. This is a contracted, hourly position.
WHAT WOULD YOU DO? (Key duties & responsibilities)
- Develop a research approach to collect primary and secondary information
- Collect primary information across multiple mediums
- Work closely with internal leadership to identify trends and stand-out information
- Create a comprehensive report of findings
- Work closely with design and marketing team to create impactful visuals that accurately represent data
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR? (Skills Required)
- Natural curiosity & great pattern identification
- Excellent communication (written & oral)
- A++ collaboration skills
- Experience in research and data collection
But it would be awesome if you could demonstrate….
- Experience with Salesforce administration
- Programming basics
HOW TO APPLY:
If this position sounds right for you, we’re so excited to meet you! Email firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Data Analyst Intern – Detroit” and your answers to the following questions:
- What about Grand Circus makes you excited to work here for a summer?
- What makes you uniquely qualified to build this impact report?