At Grand Circus, we train students for jobs in Michigan’s fastest-growing tech companies. We know that anyone can be a developer, so we’re passionate about educating career transitioners in coding and other skills that lead to high-growth careers.
We believe our cozy, welcoming and family-oriented learning environment is one of our best assets not only for our students, but for the Detroit tech community. We’re looking for a campus manager committed to ensuring our space is an accurate reflection of the excellent training we provide.
This is a full-time, salaried position with hours of 8am to 5pm. Some weekends and evenings will be required.
- Manage the Grand Circus welcome desk, answering phone calls and attending to walk-in guests
- Manage inbound electronic and phone communication, respond to Grand Circus information request emails and verification requests
- Provide tours to people interested in renting our space, taking a course or a bootcamp, or just stopping in
- Responsible for increasing event space rental revenue including responding to rental requests, rental agreements and booking the space internally
- Oversee and manage the co-working space as well as meeting revenue goals and targets — this includes managing coworking leases, onboarding new coworkers and actively marketing to new co-working prospects
- Responsible for the organization, set up, and “vibe” of the space on all three floors including classrooms, community space, and meeting rooms
- Manage the overall space at Grand Circus, including cleaning whiteboards, straightening up common spaces, and keeping the classrooms, common spaces and kitchens stocked, clean and tidy
- Manage vendors and projects with third-party contractors, maintenance, cleaning crews, suppliers etc.
- Track, assign and manage security badges, fobs & parking permits for the Grand Circus staff and coworkers
- Order office supplies, coffee, tea, snacks, etc
- Responsible for coordinating team events, travel and meeting planning
- Provide additional administrative support as needed (e.g. distributing mail, implementing surveys and/or team communications)
- Super creative, high energy and team-oriented
- Willingness to go above and beyond with a smile and proactively seek opportunities for improvement
- Demonstrated adaptability and track-record of applying constructive feedback
- Friendly, upbeat with great communication skills
- Strong self-starter that can also work autonomously
- Excellent organization skills with great attention to detail
- Available to work occasional evenings and weekends
Nice to have:
- 3-5 years of experience managing an office
- IT Experience or proficiency is a plus
- Project management and/or administrative experience
There are a lot of great and wonderful things to say about being a team member at Grand Circus. Our team is a fun, hard-working group of individuals who like coming to work on Mondays. It’s also hard to beat that warm-and-fuzzy feeling that happens when you witness a student succeed and change their lives through the program that you assisted with. Want even more? Check out our careers page, plus…
- Family of Companies (FOC) discounts
- Paid parking in downtown Detroit
- Health benefits and 401K
- Be a part of one of Crain’s Coolest Places to work!
- Regular feedback for growth!
- Flexible vacation policy
How to apply:
- Send your resume to email@example.com answering the two questions below that relate to our core values.
- What does “When you’re here, your family.” mean to you?
- What is a time that you “Creatively embraced chaos and change”?
The subject of your email should be: Grand Circus Campus Manager.