At Grand Circus, we train students for jobs in Michigan’s fastest growing tech companies. We know that anyone can be a developer, so we’re passionate about helping career changers get into the tech industry. Our food-loving staff teaches coding and other skills that lead to high-growth careers.
We are looking for a passionate and energetic Marketing Director to be in charge of the organization’s marketing ventures. This primarily involves developing and implementing strategies to strengthen the company’s market presence and help it find a “voice” that connects with the diverse group of people we aim to serve.
The ideal candidate will be an experienced professional with a passion for the job and able to employ unique marketing techniques. He/She will be a skilled marketing strategist that understands what it is like working in a start-up environment without the resources of a big agency setting.
Requirements and Responsibilities:
- Proven experience as Marketing Director (both B2C and B2B experience is desired)
- Excellent leadership and organizing skills with experience in cross-departmental marketing functions
- Analytical and creative thinking
- Exquisite communication and interpersonal skills
- Up to speed with current and online marketing techniques and best practices
- Thorough knowledge of web analytics (e.g. Google Analytics, WebTrends etc.) and Google Adwords
- Experience with implementing and maintaining marketing automation processes (bonus for Hubspot experience)
- Educational-oriented marketing funnel approach
- Support and collaborate with the Growth team to achieve business objectives for all of our campuses
- Write copy for blogs, emails, flyers, advertisements and social media
- Manage and grow the company’s social networks, identifying new opportunities and tactics (Instagram, Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn)
- Creatively engage and grow our community, both online and off
- Use the company’s CRM and databases to update reporting
- Represent Grand Circus at on and off-site events, speaking on behalf of the brand
- Event-based marketing
- Some nights and weekends are required based on event schedule
- You have experience with additional marketing and business analytics (specifically Mixpanel; Chart.IO)
- You’ve coordinated or participated in branded events
- You’ve utilized customer journey mapping to lead marketing efforts, including customer personas
- You’ve used WordPress and love its marketing powers
- You have a wicked collection of memes and gifs
- Experience with Salesforce and HubSpot
There are a lot of great and wonderful things to say about being a team member at Grand Circus. Our team is a fun, hard-working group of individuals who like coming to work on Mondays. It’s also hard to beat that warm-and-fuzzy feeling that happens when you witness a student succeed and change their lives through the program that you assisted with. Want even more? Check out our careers page, plus…
- Competitive compensation plus benefits
- Paid parking in downtown Detroit
- Access to a sweet list of Quicken Loans Family of Companies perks and discounts
- Regular feedback for growth
Send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Marketing Director – Detroit”.