The Marketing Intern will support the Growth team by creating content, contributing to strategic conversations and distribute marketing materials while focusing on the building the Grand Circus community. Responsibilities will include email marketing, social content creation, flyer distribution, market research and more. You will also gain insight to promotion and strategy development with a focus on customer experience and branding.
This is a paid, full-time (40-hours per week) internship beginning in May and ending in August. Intern must be able to commute to downtown Detroit. This is a contracted, hourly position.
WHAT WOULD YOU DO? (Key duties & responsibilities)
- Support brand’s content needs – including email, blogs and social promotions
- Assist in developing marketing plans with updates from Growth meetings
- Identify new ways to showcase Grand Circus success stories, including student & alumni interviews, offsite social coverage and PR support
- Take photos of GC’s learning environment, students, events and alumni
- Conduct competitive and partner online research
- Support events, such as career fairs, to raise awareness of Grand Circus
- Distribute marketing materials and work with GC partners to increase brand awareness
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR? (Skills Required)
- Self-motivated and a quick learner, proactive, professional and personable, resourceful, excited to work in a dynamic, startup environment
- Comfortable engaging with people while representing the Grand Circus brand over phone calls, email and face-to-face interaction (group or 1:1 setting)
- Creative thinker, ready to contribute ideas to a collaborative environment
- Strong communication and client relationship skills
- Ability to work a limited number of evenings or weekends and have flexibility with your schedule
But it would be nice if you are…
- Comfortable with WordPress and social scheduling tools
- Familiar with Hubspot and Google Analytics
- Have basic design skills to craft social or email graphics
- Are excited to leverage phone video editing tools to create short films featuring GC stories
Email careers@Grandcircus.co with the subject line of Marketing Intern – Detroit. Include a copy of your resume and answers to these questions:
- What excites you about Detroit’s tech ecosystem?
- What stands out to you about Grand Circus’ online presence?
- If you were tasked with writing content for a campaign titled “Why Grand Circus,” please provide examples of what you’d create for:
- A tweet
- A Facebook post
- A LinkedIn post
- A blog title