At Grand Circus, we train students for jobs in Michigan’s fastest growing tech companies. We know that anyone can be a developer, so we’re passionate about helping career changers get into the tech industry. Our food-loving staff teaches coding and other skills that lead to high-growth careers.
We’re looking for a Junior Marketing Associate to help grow our brand and amplify our impact. You’ll be responsible for everything from writing copy, to highlighting students, to managing our social media and beyond. Following our style guide, you’ll use Grand Circus’ voice and perspective to help grow and engage our audience. This role is headquartered in Detroit, and does include adventures to our other campuses.
About the Junior Marketing Associate Job Opening:
- Experience writing copy professionally (blogs, emails, flyers)
- Social media management, with a creative eye for representing brands online
- Familiarity in how to navigate Google Analytics
- Basic understanding of SEO
- Great communication skills
- Enthusiasm for startup life and Michigan’s growing tech community
- Support and collaborate with the Growth team to achieve business objectives for all of our campuses
- Write copy for blogs, emails, flyers, advertisements and social media
- Manage and grow company’s social networks, identifying new opportunities and tactics
- Creatively engage and grow our community, both online and off
- Use company’s CRM and databases to update reporting
- Represent Grand Circus at on and off-site events, speaking on behalf of the brand
- You have experience public speaking
- You have experience with marketing automation tools (specifically Hubspot and/or Salesforce)
- You have experience with additional marketing and business analytics (specifically Mixpanel; Chart.IO)
- You’ve coordinated or participated in branded events
- You’ve used WordPress and love its marketing powers
- You have a wicked collection of memes and gifs
There are a lot of great and wonderful things to say about being a team member at Grand Circus. Our team is a fun, hard-working group of individuals who like coming to work on Mondays. It’s also hard to beat that warm-and-fuzzy feeling that happens when you witness a student succeed and change their lives through the program that you assisted with. Want even more? Check out our careers page, plus…
- Competitive compensation plus benefits
- Paid parking in downtown Detroit
- Access to a sweet list of Quicken Loans Family of Companies perks and discounts
- Regular feedback for growth
We need your creative powers to help grow our brand. Are you ready for the challenge?
Email your resume, one writing sample as well as your answers to the following questions, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- One of our core values is that, at Grand Circus, we creatively embrace chaos and change. #startupLife. Tell us about a time that you’ve creatively embraced the chaos.
- Tell us how your personal marketing experience will elevate the Grand Circus brand, and explain what you would change about our website to increase conversions for prospective students.
- On Mondays, we come together and eat lunch as a team. Each week, someone new brings a dish to share with everyone. What would you bring to team lunch?
Please make the subject of your email: Junior Marketing Associate Role