We are looking for a short-term contract program manager to begin mid to late September through December 20th. This is a contracted, hourly paid position at 45 hours per week.
At Grand Circus, we train students for jobs in Michigan’s fastest growing tech companies. We know that anyone can be a developer, so we’re passionate about educating career transitioners in coding and other skills that lead to high-growth careers. To do so, we need an operational-guru, otherwise known as a Program Manager, to shepherd our students to success!
WHAT DOES A PROGRAM MANAGER DO?
As a Program Manager at Grand Circus, you’re responsible for the student experience during their time in a bootcamp, where you’ll handle all non-technical and logistical aspects of our funded programs. Specifically, you’ll oversee the student’s transition from pre-work → orientation → their full-time program at Grand Circus Detroit → graduation! During a student’s 10-weeks at Grand Circus, you’ll be their go-to person, where you will be responsible for:
- Coordinating fun events like happy hours, potlucks, game night, and any other exciting activities that come to mind
- Ensuring students know where they need to be and when for soft skills, company visits, alumni visit, and interviews → to name a few!
- Daily announcements so students are “in the know” with non-technical aspects of bootcamp
- Sending out weekly surveys to students and lead bi-weekly class retros, compile feedback in a timely manner, and act on actionable items of feedback
- Hosting 1-1 conversations and offices hours for students to do a temperature check and provide feedback for growth
- Effectively communicate with instructional staff during weekly stand-ups, curriculum calendar chats, and casual daily check-ins
- Ensuring all-around availability for students and instructors beyond set meeting times
- Acting as a liaison between funding partners and Grand Circus
- Responding to student inquiries on Slack and email in a timely manner
- Be available Monday through Friday, 8:30am to 5pm, some evenings may be required throughout bootcamp
YOU’RE PERFECT FOR THIS JOB IF YOU:
- Have a proven track record of being a “people-person” → specifically, empathetic and intuitive
- Get your inbox down to zero everyday
- Have the ability to make important decisions on the fly
- Have been told you’re highly detail / task-oriented and never miss a beat
- Are often the “go-to” person for advice
- Feel comfortable delivering tough feedback
- Are known for your effective communication (both orally and written)
- Operate most effectively when you have access to organizational tools
How to apply:
- What does “When you’re here, you’re family” mean to you?
- Tell me about a time that your logistical or organizational skills were out of this world.
Applications for this position will close August 31.