Meridian is a leading healthcare organization utilizing cutting-edge technology. This bootcamp is your opportunity to join an innovative IT team, as an entry-level software developer! Open to residents of Detroit, this bootcamp is designed for individuals passionate about a career as a .NET(C#) software developer at an exciting, innovative, Detroit-based company.
Accepted students will receive a scholarship for the training for the full-time .NET(C#) Bootcamp. This scholarship is made possible by Detroit at Work.
Applications are now closed.
Is this bootcamp for you?
Yes! If you:
- Live in the city of Detroit and have a valid Detroit ID (Hamtramck and Highland Park not included)
- Are interested and excited about a career in IT
- Are a do-er, have hustle and grit
- Enjoy solving problems, finding creative solutions and are detail oriented
- Thrive in team-orientated environments
- Have good verbal and written communication skills
What is a coding bootcamp?
A coding bootcamp is an immersive, hands-on learning experience. Every bootcamp student completes mandatory pre-work prior to attending in-person classes at Grand Circus. This work provides the foundation for the bootcamp lessons and covers fundamentals that all successful developers need to know. The at-home learning is followed by in-person training, consisting of lectures, live coding, labs, and projects. Graduates that are hired by Meridian will be paid as an intern during the on-the-job training. After the training, there will be a conditional offer at Meridian for full-time employment.
What is a coding bootcamp? Continued
What will you be learning?
Timeline & Eligibility
- February 12: Applications open
- March 12: Applications close at noon
- March 14, 15 or 16: Initial phone screen interviews with Meridian
- March 26 & 27: In-person interviews (invite-only)
- April 2: Applicants notified if they will receive the technical pre-work (invite-only)
- Date TBD: Mandatory “Detroit at Work Career Center Orientation” (invite only, applicants will choose one day to attend)
- April 13: Mandatory bootcamp pre-work due
- April 16: Final roster of students goes out
- April 23: Bootcamp begins
- 18+ years old
- Lives in Detroit and has a valid Detroit ID
- Pass a background screening
- Have reliable transportation to downtown Detroit (attendance is mandatory every day, beginning at 9am)
- Attend pre-program orientation at a Detroit at Work Career Center and are approved for funding
- Must be available and able to commit to the full-time bootcamp, April 23 – June 29, 9am-5pm
- Are interested in a full-time position at Meridian upon successful graduation
Applications close March 12
Applications are now closed.
- How long is the bootcamp? The Meridian Bootcamp Powered by Grand Circus is a 12-week program with 10-weeks of in-person training
- When does the bootcamp start and end? Bootcamp begins on April 23 and ends on June 29
- Is the bootcamp full-time? Yes, bootcamp class is in session Monday – Friday, 9am to 5pm and all class sessions are mandatory
- Do I need to know how to code to take the bootcamp? No, you do not need to know how to code. This bootcamp will train you to become an entry-level developer. However, having some experience with free online resources like codecademy.com or attending our Free Intro to Code Workshop can be helpful.
- What is the hiring commitment from Meridian? Meridian will hire at minimum 5 graduates from the bootcamp. This is a conditional offer subject to successful graduation and passing an in-person interview. These will be full-time, salaried opportunities. The bootcamp also consists of career assistance for all students which includes soft skills sessions. After the 10-week bootcamp those hired by Meridian will be paid as an intern during the on-the-job training.
- What does the background check consist of? Meridian will complete a background check on all students which will include criminal, social security, and a motor vehicles record check.
- What is the”Detroit at Work Career Center Orientation”? The orientation is a 1.5-2 hour process that is mandatory in order for you to be approved for tuition funding for the bootcamp. You will receive more information if you move forward to this round. This will take place at one of the Detroit at Work career centers in Detroit. You will be given two date and time options to attend. You must pass a GAINS test (math and reading) with a minimum level of 10th grade.
- How many students will be admitted into the class? We will be admitting 12-15 students
- What is the Meridian technical assessment, and what is the minimum score required to pass? The Meridian Technical Assessment is a required step of the application stage and is mandatory to move forward in the process. It will take approximately 45-60 minutes and requires a 40% minimum score to pass.
- Curious to know more about what .NET(C#) is? Check out our blog on “10 Things to Know about .NET!”