Meridian is a leading healthcare organization utilizing cutting edge technology. The Meridian Bootcamp Powered by Grand Circus is your opportunity to join an innovative IT team, as a developer, and have endless opportunities to grow professionally! Open to residents of Detroit, this bootcamp is designed for individuals passionate about a career as a front-end software developer at an exciting, innovative, Detroit-based company.
Students accepted to the Meridian Bootcamp Powered by Grand Circus will receive fully funded training for the full-time coding bootcamp and there will be a conditional offer of a technical position at Meridian upon successful completion of the program.
Applications open May 1 – May 26
Is this bootcamp for you?
Yes! If you:
- Live in the city of Detroit
- Are interested and excited about a career in IT
- Are a do-er, have hustle and grit
- Enjoy solving problems and finding creative solutions
What is a coding bootcamp?
A coding bootcamp is an immersive, hands-on learning experience. Every bootcamp student completes mandatory pre-work prior to attending in-person classes at Grand Circus. This work provides the foundation for the bootcamp lessons and covers fundamentals that all successful developers need to know. The at-home learning is followed by in-person training, consisting of lectures, live coding, labs and projects.
What is a coding bootcamp? Continued
What will you be learning?
Timeline & Eligibility
- May 1: Applications open
- May 26: Applications close at noon
- May 30-31: Initial phone screen interviews with Meridian
- June 7-8: In-person interviews (invite-only)
- June 10: Intro to Code workshop (invite-only)
- June 16: Applicants notified if accepted
- June 21: Mandatory bootcamp pre-work sent to accepted students
- July 5: Mandatory bootcamp pre-work due
- July 10: First day of bootcamp
- 18+ years old
- Lives in Detroit
- Pass a background screening
- Have reliable transportation to downtown Detroit
- Attend pre-program orientation at Detroit Employment Solutions Corporation (DESC)
- Must be available and able to commit to the full-time bootcamp, July 10, 2017 to September 29, 2017, 9am-5pm
- Accept a full-time development position at Meridian after successful completion of the bootcamp
Applications close May 26
Applications are now closed.
- How long is the bootcamp? The Meridian Bootcamp Powered by Grand Circus is a 12-week in-person training
- When does the bootcamp start and end? Bootcamp begins on July 10, 2017 and ends on September 29, 2017
- Is the bootcamp full-time? Yes, bootcamp class is in session Monday – Friday, 9am to 5pm
- Do I need to know how to code to take the bootcamp? No, you do not need to know how to code. This bootcamp will train you to become an entry-level developer. However, having some experience through free online resources like codecademy.com or attending our Free Intro to Code Workshop can help
- What is the Intro to Code Workshop and is this part of the interview process? A 3-hour workshop that puts you in a real classroom environment with other students. There will be a small assessment at the end. This is a part of the interview process, so make sure to treat it like one!