What Will I Learn?
This programming bootcamp will introduce you to the fundamentals of enterprise development (.NET), the use of Visual Studio, SQL databases, and how to design and deploy object-oriented applications.
Some of the concepts we’ll cover include:
- A thorough hands-on understanding of .NET development
- The lifecycle of a .NET project
- C# language syntax
- The mechanics of developing for .NET using Visual Studio
- Debugging and testing of .NET projects
- How to program web applications with ASP.NET
- How to access databases with ADO.NET
THE BOOTCAMP SCHEDULE
Before you start the programming bootcamp classroom sessions, you’ll complete two weeks of mandatory at-home learning. This work provides the foundation for the bootcamp lessons and covers fundamentals that all successful developers need to know.
Once you start classroom sessions, you’ll be on-site at Grand Circus in Detroit Monday Friday, 9am – 5pm from September 25 until November 3. Students should be prepared to be at all sessions.
The Ideal Student Would Have:
- Has dabbled in coding on his/her own whether it be through free online resources, a Grand Circus Free Intro to Coding Workshop or in a work/school environment
- The ability to be resourceful and figure things out on his/her own (students should utilize Google or other tools to solve problems before asking for assistance while problem solving)
- Some professional work experience whether it be in a corporate or entrepreneurial setting
- The ability to receive and give both positive and constructive feedback in a professional setting, work with a team of people of diverse backgrounds and are comfortable being uncomfortable with the things you don’t know
- A growth mindset, great attitude and excitement to learn at lightning speed
- A passion for helping others in a collaborative environment
- You’re willing to roll up your sleeves and dive into solving a problem even if it’s “not your job”
- You’re a “jack-of-all-trades”!
- Has a High School Diploma/GED
- Is a Detroit resident
The Application Process
Applications for this program are now closed
- Week of August 23: Phone Interview with a Quicken Loans recruiter (invite only)
- Week of August 30: In-person Interview with Quicken Loans and Grand Circus (invite only)
- Week of Sept. 4:
- Quicken Loans Background check (credit, criminal, social media and reference check)
- DESC 1-Stop Orientation
- Two-week Mandatory Pre-work
- September 25: Bootcamp Begins
The TechHire Bootcamp in Partnership with Quicken Loans is for Detroit residents (Hamtramck and Highland Park are not included)