What will I learn?
We will work in team to tackle a relevant challenge in a supportive, collaborative and fun learning environment. The course will include strategic design techniques like design research, visualisation, and mapping. We will also develop new ideas to test and refine for practice or future action.
Design & Innovation Primer
Introduction to exercises & methods
Design Challenge Studio
Design research overview
Overview of design tools and resources
Design Challenge Studio
Review of Case studies
Team Report Outs
Wrap Up & Reflections
Who should take this course?
This course is ideal for professionals, entrepreneurs, and change agents from any industry who are tasked with problem solving and are looking for new approaches to finding creative solutions.
- Anyone curious to learn about the broader applications of design
- Gain better understanding of design methods including design thinking and human centred design
- Equip with new tools and techniques to improve creative potential and design skills such as problem-solving, ideation and prototyping
- Learn new ways to connect with target audiences and stakeholders
- Practices the design process, how to work with others and bring it back to their workplaces and projects
- Developing skills in empathy and human-centered design
- Opportunities for networking and peer interaction
Featured Instructor: Terri Burch
Your instructor is Terri Burch - Business Design Strategist. Terri leads a Detroit-based strategic design consultancy developing strategies and facilitating collaborations that use design thinking principles and creative practice for innovation and planning in business and community. She has a broad range of design strategy experience expanding from working with SME businesses to multinational corporations and large foundation clients across the US and Abroad.
Frequently Asked Questions
The cost for this course is $125 & will cover all costs of the class
Dates: November 14th and 15th, 2017 (Tuesday & Wednesday) from 6 – 9pm
Refund for Cancellation: An applicant requesting cancellation within three (3) business days after making an initial payment, but prior to seminar or workshop start date, is entitled to a refund of all tuition and fees paid with the exception of the non-refundable deposit (if applicable).
Prerequisites: Basic knowledge or serious interest in design principles, design thinking, strategic design or the like.
*It is important to note that this workshop is targeted to those who can find value in the broader application of design.
Materials to bring to class: Creativity and an open mind.More Answers