What will I learn?
Core Eclipse functionality
- Selecting a workspace
- Creating a class
- Creating the main method
- Running a Java application
- What is Java
- Why is Java everywhere?
- Why is it still around?
Classes & Methods
- What are they? (syntax, variables, methods)
- Parts of a class
- Parts of a method
- Relational Operators
- If & switch statements
- Being able to use array lists to store variables in loops
- Being able to define a while, for and a do while loop.
- Being able to use a while, for and do while loop
- Being able to define what a method is.
- Being able to define the 4 different method access modifiers.
- Introduce students to the concept of single responsibility programming
- Passing parameters into methods
- Being able to define static vs void methods.
Important class notes:
- Please download and install Java SE from Oracle prior to class. Your instructor will go over download instructions in class, if you have issues.
- Chromebooks are NOT recommended for this course because of the above installation requirements.
Frequently Asked Questions
Refund for Cancellation: An applicant requesting cancellation within three (3) business days after making an initial payment, but prior to seminar or workshop start date, is entitled to a refund of all tuition and fees paid with the exception of the non-refundable deposit (if applicable).
A Laptop is Required: This interactive workshop requires student to have their own laptop. If you need to borrow one, please email email@example.com.
Grand Circus Detroit is a Single-Use Plastic Free Facility: What does that mean for you? While attending workshops at the Grand Circus Detroit campus you may want to bring the following:
- A Refillable Water Bottle or Cup
- A Travel Coffee Mug