What will I learn?
Our Intro to Java workshop is specifically designed to prepare you for the Java Bootcamp at Grand Circus. Get a glimpse of what it’s like to work as a software developer and insights on how our Java Bootcamp can support your career goals.
In this workshop, you’ll learn the core fundamentals of C# .NET Core, the functionality of the Visual Studio IDE, and learn computer programming basics. You may not know what those terms mean right now, and that’s okay. We are here for you! Step-by-step, you’ll code alongside an instructor who will help you put these principles into practice by building a project. We deliberately keep the class size small so you’ll get a ton of interaction and coaching from our instructors to lead you to success!
You’ll leave the workshop with a finished project for your growing coding portfolio and feeling prepared and confident for bootcamp. This workshop will set you up for success in completing bootcamp Unit 1 pre-work, too.
Who Should take the Workshop:
- Anyone considering a Java Bootcamp at Grand Circus. You’ll leave with the skills and confidence you’ll need to complete the bootcamp pre-work and start your path to becoming a software developer
- You should be comfortable operating your laptop: starting up, opening software, copying and pasting, opening a web browser, searching the web, going to a specific URL (web address), and navigating within a website.
- To be ready for this workshop, you should have already written your first line of code either in our Free Intro to Coding workshop or on your own.
- You’ll need access to a laptop or desktop with an internet connection
- Software to Install: Eclipse IDE for Enterprise Java Developers https://www.eclipse.org/downloads/packages/
- Google Chrome is the preferred web browser for this workshop: https://www.google.com/chrome/
- A Zoom account is required for this course – register and download for free: http://zoom.us
You do not need a special degree to work in tech; anyone can be a developer, but only if you are passionate about it. So come give it a try with us!
Frequently Asked Questions
I can’t make it. Do you offer refunds?
An applicant requesting cancellation within seven (7) business days after making an initial payment, but prior to seminar or workshop start date, is entitled to a refund of all tuition and fees paid with the exception of the non-refundable deposit (if applicable).
Do I need to download anything before class?
Eclipse IDE for Enterprise Java Developers https://www.eclipse.org/downloads/packages/