What will I learn?
Core Eclipse functionality
- Selecting a workspace
- Creating a class
- Creating the main method
- Running a Java application
- What is Java
- Why is Java everywhere?
- Why is it still around?
- Being able to use array lists to store variables in loops
- Being able to define a while, for and a do while loop.
- Being able to use a while, for and do while loop
- Being able to define what a method is.
- Being able to define the 4 different method access modifiers.
- Introduce students to the concept of single responsibility programming
- Passing parameters into methods
- Being able to define static vs void methods.
Frequently Asked Questions
I can’t make it. Do you offer refunds?
An applicant requesting cancellation within three (7) business days after making an initial payment, but prior to seminar or workshop start date, is entitled to a refund of all tuition and fees paid with the exception of the non-refundable deposit (if applicable).
What do I need to bring?
A laptop is required. This interactive workshop requires the student to have their own laptop. If you need to borrow one, we have some available! Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve yours.
Does Grand Circus care about the planet?
Grand Circus Detroit is a Single-Use Plastic Free Facility. What does that mean for you? While attending workshops at the Grand Circus Detroit campus you may want to bring the following:
- A Refillable Water Bottle or Cup (we do have cups here too!)
- A Travel Coffee Mug (we do have mugs here too!)